OncoSec Medical to Participate in Webcast on Advances in Cancer Immunotherapy
SAN DIEGO, July 14, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- OncoSec Medical Inc. ("OncoSec") (NASDAQ: ONCS), a company developing DNA-based intratumoral cancer immunotherapies, announced today that Robert H. Pierce, MD, Chief Scientific Officer, will participate in a BioPharma Dealmakers webcast featuring four companies developing cancer immunotherapies. The webcast is scheduled for 11:00 am ET on July 21, 2015. To register for the webcast, please click here.
The webcast will explore some of the challenges and opportunities of technologies at the cutting edge of cancer immunotherapy. Participants will learn about new approaches that have been developed to:
- Harness the full potential of our immune system
- Screen for novel target and antibody combinations
- Enlist our own immune system to attack cancer cells
- Improve the delivery of cancer-specific therapeutics to tumors
The webcast will include a round table discussion and a Q&A session to enable participants to contribute their own thoughts on this highly innovative area of cancer research. The webcast is sponsored in part by OncoSec. In addition to Dr. Pierce, other webcast participants include:
- Jeremy Graff, PhD, Senior Vice President, Pharmaceutical Research for Biothera. Dr. Graff joined Biothera from Eli Lilly and Company where he was Research Fellow and Group Leader, Oncology Patient Tailoring.
- Björn Frendéus, PhD, Chief Scientific Officer, BioInvent. Dr. Frendéus is an immunologist and graduate of the Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research.
- Harlan Robins, PhD, Adaptive Biotechnologies. Dr. Robins is the Chief Scientific Officer and Co-Founder of Adaptive Biotechnologies.
- Moderator: Gaspar Taroncher-Oldenburg, PhD. Dr. Taroncher-Oldenburg is an independent consultant and former managing editor of SciBX: Science-Business eXchange for Nature Publishing Group and the former scientific editor at Nature Biotechnology.
About OncoSec Medical Inc.
OncoSec Medical Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company developing its investigational ImmunoPulse™ intratumoral cancer immunotherapy. OncoSec's core technology is designed to enhance the local delivery and uptake of DNA IL-12 and other DNA-based immune-targeting agents. Clinical studies of ImmunoPulse™ IL-12 have demonstrated an acceptable safety profile and evidence of anti-tumor activity in the treatment of various skin cancers as well as the potential to initiate a systemic immune response. OncoSec's lead program, ImmunoPulse™ IL-12, is currently in Phase II development for several indications, including metastatic melanoma and squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. In addition to ImmunoPulse™ IL-12, the company is also identifying and developing new immune-targeting agents for use with the ImmunoPulse™ platform. For more information, please visit www.oncosec.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Any statements in this release that are not historical facts may be considered such "forward-looking statements." Forward-looking statements are based on management's current preliminary expectations and are subject to risks and uncertainties, which may cause our results to differ materially and adversely from the statements contained herein. Some of the potential risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ from those predicted include our ability to raise additional funding, our ability to acquire, develop or commercialize new products, uncertainties inherent in pre-clinical studies and clinical trials, unexpected new data, safety and technical issues, competition, and market conditions. These and additional risks and uncertainties are more fully described in OncoSec Medical's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Undue reliance should not be placed on forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date they are made. OncoSec Medical disclaims any obligation to update any forward-looking statements to reflect new information, events or circumstances after the date they are made, or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
About the Webcast
Biopharma Dealmakers webcasts are dedicated to small and large companies looking for commercial partnerships. Read the quarterly Biopharma Dealmakers supplement in Nature Biotechnology and Nature Reviews Drug Discovery.
OncoSec Medical Inc.
OncoSec Medical Inc.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/oncosec-medical-to-participate-in-webcast-on-advances-in-cancer-immunotherapy-300112751.html
SOURCE OncoSec Medical Inc.